1. Marriage is great. But it doesn't "complete" you or guarantee happiness. You can be equally content single.
2. Having children is one of God's greatest blessings and they bring purpose and joy to your life. But being a mom doesn't complete you.
3. Education goals are admirable. It will feel good when you do it. But that feeling won't last. Accomplishments don't complete you.
4. Having a stable career or finally being able to start your own business (both apply to me) and earn money can make you feel powerful, secure, and on top of the world. That feeling doesn't last. Mr. Bill is ALWAYS in your pockets. And as Biggie said, "More money more problems. " No matter how much you earn, it never seems enough and doesn't bring lasting happiness.
5. Youth is truly wasted on the young. You never appreciate your "freedom" and health until you don't have it.
6. Simplicity, BALANCE, and Family is EVERYTHING. And spending time with those you love is all that matters.
7. Life can literally knock the hell out of you 🤣. It took me getting abused to realize that God ain't playing when He tells us how we should live. Life is more peaceful when we follow Him instead of being rebellious.
So with 33 around next week's corner, I can honestly say that the ONLY thing that brings lasting joy and peace is having a relationship with God and living out HIS purpose. It's easy to get caught up in believing that the NEXT thing will be what finally brings happiness but it never does.
Keep life simple. Find a balance. And #stayhumble. Selah.